Congratulations to Daniel Farah for winning the “High Wit Me” Music Video Contest!!
Snoopzilla & Dam-Funk released their “7 Days of Funk” album in December 2013, and they wanted to offer their fans the opportunity to get involved in the making of a music video! We offered a download of green-screen footage of Snoop & Dam performing the “High Wit Me” song, along with these simple rules: “You can do anything you like as long as it’s creative – shoot new footage, animation, found footage, Snoop and Dam green screen footage or combinations of all of the above.” Snoop & Dam looked through all the submissions and chose their favorite five clips. Check out the playlist of the winning video and the four runner-ups!
Have you seen the latest episodes of Snoop’s weekly countdown show Underground Heat? Cone Crew Diretoria out of Brazil has been holding down the top spot for the past two weeks, but some other videos have been coming on strong. Make sure to vote each week for your favorite video in the comments. Stay tuned for a new episode of music videos every Friday chosen by the doggfather himself!
To be submit your video for the show, head over to TheUndergroundHeat.com!
Snoop and Dam dropped the director’s cut of their new music video for “Do My Thang”, the latest single of their collab project 7 Days of Funk. The video also features both artists wearing Snoop Dogg’s latest paisley and rose printed Neff collection, available now at Tilly’s.
Get your copy of the album from Stones Throw Records on iTunes today! http://smarturl.it/7daysoffunk
Make sure to subscribe to WestFestTV to get the latest videos from Snoop!
Boss Lady Entertainment’s very own Iza Lach comes all the way from Poland to join Nemo Hoes in the GGN Studio this week. Snoop discovered Iza through a SoundCloud contest and has brought her under his wing ever since. They even shot a movie together in Poland. Iza explains how she learned English from watching Frasier and how much of an influence Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson are to her music career.
Make sure to tune in every Tuesday for a new episode!
Snoop and close friend and movie co-star Wiz Khalifa have joined forces to bring you the best 4/20 weekend celebrations. The first show kicks off in Seattle on 4/19. Kick it with big Snoop, Wiz, and special guests at the WaMu theater in Washington. On 4/20, Snoop, Wiz, YG, and Smoke DZA take over Red Rocks Theater in Denver, Colorado to help you celebrate the holidays. Tickets go on sale for both shows this Friday, 2/28.
Tickets for Seattle 4/19 –> http://bit.ly/1k6HGy5
Tickets for Denver 4/20 –> http://bit.ly/1hj0B8m
Enter the #AirbnbMusic Photo Contest on Instagram & you could win a trip to Snoop Dogg’s Airbnb pop-up in Austin!
Snoop Dogg, Capital Cities, and Allen Stone are taking on a new role this March: Airbnb Host. Our hosts are each decking out a pop-up Airbnb listing at The Airbnb Park in Austin, TX in their own unique style.
We need your help creating a special “welcome” that speaks to the distinct style of each artist. Snap a photo of your welcome, share it on Instagram, and you could win a trip to Austin to meet the artist. In addition, the winner will have VIP access to the artist’s pop up house, invites to exclusive Airbnb events, and we’ll cover your housing in Austin.
Use your imagination, get inspiration from your favorite artist, and show us how many ways you can say “welcome” through pictures.
How to enter
• Snap a pic of your unique “welcome” specifically created for one of the three artists (Snoop Dogg, Capital Cities, or Allen Stone). Your “welcome” should capture the spirit of Airbnb and reflect the distinctive style of the artist. Be original and inventive.
• Follow @Airbnb on Instagram.
• Share a photo of your “welcome” on Instagram with the hashtag #AirbnbMusic and mention the artist’s handle (@SnoopDogg, @capitalcities, or @allenstone). Post your entry to Instagram by February 27, 2014, and be sure your account is set to public viewing.
Our judges will select one winner for each house based on the following criteria:
• How much does it reflect the unique style of the artist? Show us you are a great fan of Capital Cities, Allen Stone, or Snoop Dogg! (30%)
• Does it capture the spirit of Airbnb and the theme of hospitality? (30%)
• How original and inventive is the execution? Show us your creativity! (40%)
If you win, your welcome Instagram post will be showcased at the artist’s pop-up house. In addition, you and a guest will receive:
• A meet-and-greet with one of the three featured artists during the period of March 11 until March 16, 2014, scheduled at Airbnb’s discretion, and subject to artist schedules and availability.
• VIP Access to your artist’s pop up house at The Airbnb Park and invitations to on-site Airbnb events.
• Roundtrip economy air transportation between the major airport in the United States nearest your home and Austin, Texas.
• Accommodations with one double bed from March 11 until March 16 (5 nights total) at an Airbnb listing selected by Airbnb in Austin, Texas.
18 years and older only. Additional restrictions apply. Please review the Official Rules for details.
LA’s own Problem takes over the top spot on Snoop Dogg’s weekly countdown show Underground Heat. Make sure to subscribe and check back every Friday for new top #10.
To get your video on the show, submit your work to TheUndergroundHeat.com.
Nemo Hoes talks with DJ Skee about his show Skee TV and his career as a DJ on this week’s episode of GGN, the Hood News. Make sure to check back in every Tuesday for a new episode of GGN with more special guests!
Snoop and Pharrell talk music, careers, The Grammys, and getting back in the studio on the brand new episode of GGN! Shout out to Skateboard P and the iamOTHER crew for coming through the studio. Make sure to check back every Tuesday for a new episode of the hood news!
Get Pharrell’s new song “Happy” on iTunes today! https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/happy-from-despicable-me-2/id783656910
Snoop announced yesterday that he dropped some exclusive tees and tanks at the American Apparel store on Oxford St in Sydney, Australia. Stay tuned for future announcements on their availability in your area!